Tuesday 2 October 2012

SKILL BUILDING IMPROVISATION STARTER LINES for Pairs

Impros for Illustrating  OFFERS, BLOCKING and STATUS


  1. “Johnny’s been fired – did you know?”
  1. “Can you keep a secret?”
  1. “What are you?  A man or a mouse?”
  1. “Stop that at once!”
  1. “I’ve told you before – the answer is no.”
  1. “Why are you always picking on me?”
  1. “Guess what happened to Maura.”
  1. “Don’t you ever bring up that subject again?”
  1. “I’ve just lost Mam’s purse.”

  1. “Don’t bite the hand that feeds you.”
  1. “What has your Mam got against me?”
  1. “Why can’t you be on time just for once?”
  1. “Don’t you dare bring my mother into this!”

  1. “Chicken!”
  1. “Would you mind repeating that remark?”
  1. “I’ll give you three guesses what happened”





For PAIRS

(1) Pairs of Equal status
(2) Pairs of opposite status
(3) Status changes during exchange
(4) Start  and end with same line
(5) Start with one line and end with another
(6) Finish with a positive surprise
(7) Add a new contrasting  character
(8) Add in a letter/text /email received with new information
(9) Start and finish with a freeze frame




  1.  
I wonder if I dare ask for a rise?

  1.  
Nobody in this house understands me!

  1.  
I’m not having you out on the streets after dark

  1.  
I am sorry to have to tell you…

  1.  
Could you lend me a few Euro?

  1.  
I always knew that his would happen…

  1.  
Have you heard the latest?

  1.  
I just don’t know…young people nowadays…

  1.  
I am sorry, we did not mean for things to turn out like this…

  1.  
Excuse me…I’m new here and…

  1.  
It’s no good/he will just have to go…

  1.  
Look I’ve told you, I am not getting involved…

  1.  
S/he was always a bit odd though wasn’t s/he?